Episode 131: How To Be Awesome At Sleep
In this episode, Lindsay talks about SLEEP!!! And how she was compromising sleep so much but just won’t do it anymore.
She thinks that improving the quality of your sleep will improve your life in so many ways.
She’s sharing all he things she’s learned about what happens in the body during sleep. Like… your brain sorts the days information. Hormones flood your body.
Your nervous system chills out. Your cortisol levels lower. Your muscles relax!!
Here are some of the topics that Lindsay covers:
- Sleep efficiency - Have a routine and try to stick to it. Even on weekends modify a bit - maybe you don't wake up so early but similar. The consistency of sleep is so important.
- Get sunlight during the day! Daily rhythms are set by light!!! Thirty minutes is ideal!! Sitting by a window isn’t enough.
- Get up and move your body! Exercise or stretching or walking is key. And it helps to tire out the body! Studies show working out first thing in the morning is best for sleep. They spend more time in the deepest sleep and more efficient sleep cycles.
- Experts say that most people who have problems going to sleep are doing something during the day that is causing it and not realizing it.
- It’s not just about what you do at night that affects your sleep.
- No tech an hour before bed. It can be so hard but we just have to setup new, better habits.
- Make sleep a priority!! Try to limit those times when you compromise sleep for other things.
- Stop eating 3 hours before bed. If you eat right before bed… your body still has to keep working!! Try to eat earlier so your body can stop functioning by the time you get into bed. The factory is still open if you’re digesting food!
- Blue light glasses at night if you are going to do tech. It’s been shown to really help you sleep better. Light messes with your sleep! There are also sleep glasses if you want to take it one step further.
- Limit your stress!!! The main reason we have trouble going to sleep is because of stress!! We have to work hard to reduce our stress! We have to be so aware of it and realize that lowering stress and prioritizing sleep is just so important.
Here are the cozy sleep products Lindsay mentions:
Along with nutrition and exercise, good sleep is one of the pillars of health. You simply cannot achieve optimal health without taking care of your sleep.
To check out everything how to be awesome head over to www.howtobeawesomeateverything.com
Ready to listen? Click play >>HERE! Make sure to subscribe to the Podcast and leave a review!Also be sure to follow Lindsay on Instagram @lindsayscloud for everything how to be awesome!