The Most Awesome Ingredients For Healthy Smoothies
Let’s get smoothie obsessed! It’s the best way to get in so many great veggies, fruits, vitamins, minerals, live enzymes and phytonutrients. Plus, they are nice and filling and so delicious. Lindsay has dug through the research of so many experts on this topic to share the very best ingredients that you should stock your pantry with, so you can make an ultra healthy smoothie, and fast! Think of it as the “new fast food.”
Clean ingredients, no fillers, just all good-for-you goodness. All you need aside from this is frozen veggies and fruit plus some non-dairy organic milk (see Lindsays list of these in podcast show notes) and you can whip up the most delicious and super healthy smoothie in minutes!
The Best Fruits to Add:
- Frozen berries
- For a bit more sweetness- mango & pineapple
The Best Veggies to Add:
ALL of them… especially spinach!
Best Ways to Thicken it Up:
- Almond butter
- Peanut butter
- Organic chickpeas
- Frozen cauliflower
- Frozen zucchini
Non-dairy CLEAN milks:
*most have gums and other gross additives*
These are the yummies and cleanest
- MALK Unsweetened Organic Almond Milk or Cashew Milk
- Thrive Market Organic Oat Beverage or Almond Beverage
- Oatly Oatmilk Lowfat Chilled
- Three Trees Organic Unsweetened Almond Milk
- New Barn Unsweetened Almond Milk
- Natural Value Coconut Milk
- Whole Foods 365 Organic Unsweetened Almond Milk
- Simple Truth Organic Unsweetened Almond Milk
- Califia Farms Organic Almond Homestyle Nutmilk
So many ideas for making really filling and delicious and nutrient filled smoothies in this one. Hope you enjoy!
HAPPY SMOOTHIE MAKING!!